As the signature event of Innovation Week, Launch Party is the largest startup-focused showcase of the year and spotlights some of Calgary’s most promising startups.
From nanotech healthcare solutions to personalized digital real estate transactions, 10 Calgary startups are poised to make their mark in the global innovation community.
This year’s Launch Party will be the 13th annual pitch event. Since 2010, more than 150 companies have been highlighted at Launch Party including SkipTheDishes, StellarAlgo, Orpyx, Virtual Gurus and Red Iron Labs.
Three prizes are up for grabs, including a People’s Choice Award, Alumni’s Choice Award and the Alex Raczenko Pitch Award. The winners will receive thousands of dollars worth of resources and services to continue growing their startup.
This year’s Top 10 companies are:
- Caret is a tenant experience platform offering all-encompassing communication, booking, and work order solutions built by real estate professionals for real estate professionals.
- Communal is an all-in-one cloud-based software solution for community-focused organizations and non-profits managing memberships, facility rentals, volunteering, donations, events, and program registrations.
- iBUILD Applications is a fully automated and integrated digitized construction and financial management software solution, empowering builders building homes for families.
- Quickly lets small and medium businesses take control of their working capital by providing next day access to their verified receivables.
- Reserve Plus provides easy access to data analytics, forecasting, reporting, and scoring to protect and educate condo owners and prospective buyers from financial ruin.
- NanoTess is a social enterprise tackling high rates of amputations with NanoSALV technology, an advanced wound dressing for the management of chronic wounds.
- Propra automates residential property management with an end-to-end solution integrating every aspect of property management on a single tab.
- WaitWell digitizes service delivery by allowing people to join a line using their mobile device or an on-site kiosk and get text notifications about their wait time and other pertinent information related to the service.
- Wild Rose Mining specialize in mining and manufacturing equipment for Bitcoin data centers.
- The Smart Benefit by Yr Plans creates employer benefit solutions and makes it easy for organizations to manage, administer, and record employer-assisted debt relief programs for employees.
The Top 10 Launch Party companies are nominated by the Calgary innovation community and selected by a committee of three Launch Party alumni founders. To be selected, companies must be in operation for less than three years, be revenue positive, and demonstrate potential for growth (amongst other criteria).