As the signature event of Innovation Week, Launch Party is the largest startup-focused showcase of the year and spotlights some of Calgary’s most promising startups.
From digital pharmacy solutions to cannabis data analytics and automotive intelligence software, 10 Calgary startups are poised to make their mark in the global innovation community.
This year’s Launch Party will be the 14th annual pitch event. Since 2010, more than 150 companies have been highlighted at Launch Party including Goodlawyer, Quickly, SkipTheDishes, StellarAlgo, Virtual Gurus, and ZayZoon
Three prizes are up for grabs, including a People’s Choice Award, Alumni’s Choice Award and the Alex Raczenko Pitch Award. The winners will receive thousands of dollars worth of resources and services to continue growing their startup.
This year’s Top 10 companies are:
- AITHR Automotive Intelligence is an intuitive, easy-to-use car searching software that instantly scans inventory to find the right vehicle and build a deal in minutes. Built by car people for car people, AITHRX software is unlike anything else on the market.
- Collegium Technologies is changing the business model of design and construction to make vital infrastructure more affordable. With a team of owners, architects, engineers, building tradespeople, constructers, financers and insurance underwriters, Collegium is delivering real estate development projects with exceptional outcomes.
- Digital Carbon Bank is managing digital emissions assets for energy and industrial companies, consolidating data into a single, centralized system. They’re enhancing environmental and social responsibility, generating new revenue streams through emissions activities and improving overall corporate reputation and transparency.
- ENA Solution is enabling businesses to manage their HVAC remotely or automatically with WiFi powered thermostats. As the first Industrial Smart Thermostat, ENSTAT is revolutionizing building management systems everywhere.
- HEMPALTA is an agricultural technology company focused on innovative hemp processing and product creation. As one of the only commercial-scale hemp processors in North America, Hempalta’s high-value hemp products are creating a healthier and more sustainable future.
- Huumans is changing perspectives on small business accounting and bookkeeping with innovative processes and transformative tech powered by humans, making it easier and more efficient for businesses to understand and manage their financial data.
- MedEssist is creating better ways for pharmacies to provide a personal experience for loyal patients with their clinical solutions, business tools and support team. Their intuitive platform is enabling community pharmacies to provide personalized care to diverse and underserved communities.
- Monark is an on-demand platform providing engaging activities and reminders for leadership training. By blending live cohort-based learning and a robust digital platform with personalized micro-learning, Monark is delivering development that both informs and transforms.
- Neobi is a market intelligence data solution providing real-time Canadian cannabis data analytics. Trusted by the top-performing teams, Neobi supports companies of all shapes and sizes with the retail trend and consumer insights they need.
- OraQ AI is redefining dentistry with North America’s most advanced AI treatment planning and management platform. Providing a cutting-edge patient experience, OraQ™ is a faster, easier and smarter way to create in-depth treatment plans.
The Top 10 Launch Party companies are nominated by the Calgary innovation community and selected by a committee of three Launch Party alumni founders. This year’s committee was Al-Karim Khimji of Propra, Shannon Vander Meulen of WaitWell, and Marlise Hunter of Tall Grass Ventures.
To be selected, companies must be in operation for less than three years, be revenue positive, and demonstrate potential for growth (amongst other criteria).