DiscoverTechYYC, an exposition and job fair featuring dozens of Calgary tech companies, looms closer than ever.
Taking place at the Platform Innovation Centre on May 5, DiscoverTechYYC is an opportunity for people exploring careers in Calgary’s growing tech sector, including in robotics, software, agtech, cleantech, and fintech.
Attendees will be able to connect with Calgary’s post-secondaries and organizations offering skills training, as well as next-generation innovators and community builders.
Tech West Collective recently unveiled some of the companies that will be participating in the event.
Calgary.tech readers will recognize several names while being excited to learn some others as well.
- 10Adventures – Travel
- Aimsio – Field Management
- AltaML – Machine Learning & AI
- Ambyint – Well optimization & automation
- Arcurve Inc. – Tech Development
- Benevity – Charitable Donation Management Software
- Boris Walks Alone Art – NFT for artwork
- Clio – Legal Software
- Decolonized Capital – Blockchain
- Discovery DNA – DNA sequencing
- Garmin – Wearables & GPS technology
- HONE Athletics – Sport & Culture Performance
- Kudos – Employee Recognition
- Launchcode – Tech Development
- LodgeLink– Workforce Travel Management
- Neo Financial– Financial
- PurposeMed – Hospital & Healthcare
- Showpass – Events & Ticketing
- StellarAlgo – Fan Engagement
- Symend – Behavioural Engagement
- Ten Thousand Coffees – Employee Engagement
- Trufla – Insurance
- Userful Corporation – Video Wall Software
- Virtual Gurus – Virtual Assistant Marketplace
The impressive list of ventures spans a diverse array of industries.
“Come meet the teams behind these companies to get an insider’s view as to what they’re working on right here in our own backyard,” organizers offer. “Listen in on panel discussions about what it’s really like to work in tech, re-skilling to get a job in tech, thriving as a woman in tech, and how Calgary companies are tackling some of the world’s greatest challenges and building a reputation as a global tech hub.”